Call Amy (614) 286-8265

2013 LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGY REPORT EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

Survey of L&D Professionals Reveals Technology in 2013 is a Necessity and Differentiator in Training

A recent survey of corporate learning & development professionals nationwide, conducted by Impact Instruction Group,  reveals that technology is an absolute necessity and a differentiator in how companies train and develop their employees. By 2016, 205 million Americans will have smartphones, and 113 million will have tablets. Learners are increasingly savvy in how they use technology to access, consume, and create content.

“Employees increasingly expect technology to be there – they will work and stay at those companies who embrace technology for business and learning,” says Amy Franko, Founder & CEO of Impact Instruction Group. “Adoption of technology solutions by learning and development teams must be both current and forward-thinking to adequately support the organization’s overall goals.”

Impact Instruction Group conducted a survey of learning and development professionals across the nation to get a pulse on technology strategies as we head into 2013.

The survey covers topics including design/delivery methods, leadership support, strategy implementation, and staffing requirements in the coming year.

Survey Highlights

  • Ranking #1 in investment in 2013, at 86%, is e-learning.  The majority of respondents are also focusing on investments in webinars (66%) and video (56%) for learning delivery. Investments for mobile applications (22%) and games and simulations (14%) still remain relatively low, but interest in these technologies as a learning method is growing.
  • A combined 75% of survey respondents shared that the interest of their leadership team is increasing when it comes to implementing technology-based training solutions.
  • When asked about adoption of their L&D technology strategy, 19% of our respondents have fully designed and implemented an L&D technology strategy, along with the training that leverages it. That leaves 81% of our respondents that still need to plan and / or execute on a technology strategy.
  • When asked how their L&D teams will be staffed in 2013, 58% stated that they are looking to train current team members on relevant technologies, 25% plan to outsource the technology aspects to vendors, 23% already have the right people in place with the required technology skills, 21% are looking to add new team members with strong technology background and skills and 13% are either planning to utilize a team of business unit and IT staff to implement their training strategies, or they are unsure of upcoming staffing changes.

To view the full report, which includes detailed survey results and
consultative learning & development strategies for 2013, opt-in to the Impact ezine on our home page. A link to the full report will be emailed directly to you.

About Impact Instruction Group: 

Impact Instruction Group was founded in 2007 in Columbus, Ohio. Impact Instruction works with large enterprises on blended learning solutions, as well as development initiatives for emerging women leaders. Industries served include financial services, healthcare, retail, automotive, and technology.  The firm is the 2010 and 2012 recipient of the APEX Award of Excellence, in the categories of training design and one-of-a-kind education and training publications.

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x
the modern seller is social - free chapter

Get started on your journey to become a Modern Seller now!

Download a chapter of The Modern Seller is Social for preview.

Great! You'll Now Be Able to Access Your Chapter Preview