Accelerate! Sales Podcast Featuring Amy Franko: What Makes a Modern Seller?
Andy Paul educates sales leaders and sales professionals about the power of continuous learning to transform how they perform. His podcast, Accelerate!, is on the top of every list of the best sales podcasts with nearly 2 million downloads to date. Accelerate! is also on INC’s list of the top leadership podcasts.
Amy Franko joined Andy on an episode to discuss what makes a modern seller.
Key takeaways from Amy and Andy’s discussion include:
- Amy tells how to build sustainable sales enablement in an organization. Build relationships with the influencers. Look at the pieces of sales enablement in the enterprise. Consider the top three things to do for the best impact.
- Amy thinks that the practical implementation of enablement at the field level and feedback from the field on what’s working are most often missing. There must be links between learning, application, and feedback.
- Amy just published The Modern Seller. A modern seller is a differentiator and a leader. They are acknowledged by clients and prospects as someone who makes a difference for them. They also add insight to the product.
- Amy sees five dimensions sellers develop that make them modern: agile, entrepreneurial, holistic, social, and ambassador. These are the skills behind the sales skills.
- Agile means a fluid thinker, a continuous learner, one who deals well with ambiguity and who has a growth mindset. Entrepreneurial people see themselves as the CEO of their book of business. How can SDRs do this? It takes vision.
- Holistic refers to investing your finite time, energy, and discipline in the best way to impact your results directly. Social is investing in your networks and relationships. Studies show Boomers are the best LinkedIn networkers.
- An Ambassador is a bridge between their organization and the community. They embody the values of their organization but stand uniquely in their own brand. They take a win and turn it into lifetime loyalty and value.
For more sales podcasts and leadership podcasts with Amy, visit our podcast resource page.
If you enjoyed this podcast, check out more episodes of Accelerate! here.