It seems like just yesterday I was writing my “one word” post to kick off 2019. Yet here we are already, halfway through the year. My one word was “standout.” And the first six months have been standout, indeed.
From the success of The Modern Seller to exciting client and strategic partnerships, I’d like to share some of the highlights and happenings with you.
The Modern Seller
My first book, The Modern Seller, successfully launched in late 2018 as a #1 new release on Amazon. We’ve continued to grow The Modern Seller community.
- Just this month, The Modern Seller became available as an audiobook, which I narrated. You can find it on Amazon and Audible, and it’s coming to iTunes soon, as well.
- The Modern Seller received accolades from The International Book Awards and Next-Generation Indie Book Awards.
Thanks to everyone who’s been a part of this journey with me.
Keynotes and Speaking Engagements
Helping inspire others and giving them tools to accelerate their sales results is at the heart of everything I do. Here is a sampling of the engagements I’ve been a part of so far in 2019.
- BKD Sales Training Institute, Ongoing Sales Training, January-December 2019
- Winning is Everything, Speaker, Las Vegas, January 2019
- BKD Wealth Advisors, Keynote, Springfield, MO, February 2019
- Marsh & McLennan Agency, Keynote, Raleigh, NC, February 2019
- AA-ISP, Keynote, Columbus, March 2019
- SMPS Maryland Annual Conference, Keynote, Baltimore, March 2019
- Dublin Entrepreneurial Center 6th Annual Memorial Tournament Event, Keynote, Dublin, OH, May 2019
Coming up in the second half, I’ll be main stage keynoting at the Air Carriers Purchasing Conference, which is expecting nearly 2,000 attendees.
- BKD SKY, Sales Leadership Training, St. Louis, July 2019
- The Air Carriers Purchasing Conference, Keynote, Washington DC, August 2019
- INBOUND 2019, Speaker, Boston, September 2019
- Project Management Institute, Keynote Speaker, Kansas City, October 2019
If you are a meeting planner or sales leader, contact me to learn how I can help you create an unforgettable sales or leadership event, too.
The Sales Experts Channel
I was selected to be a part of The Sales Experts Channel in 2019.
- So far this year, I’ve produced two webinars with TSEC. The Ambassador Factor and The Modern Seller is Social are both free and available to watch on demand.
- Additional webinars will be announced soon.
Top Sales World
After The Modern Seller was named a top sales book of 2018 by Top Sales World, I was invited to contribute to the magazine, and I have received additional recognition from them.
- Top Sales World named this blog one of the Top 50 Sales Blogs in the World.
- The February issue included my article Building a Better Sales Pipeline: Know When to Walk Away.
- The June Women in Sales issue included my article Want to Improve Your Sales Results? Build Your Territory Like a Supply Chain.
- I will continue to be more involved with Top Sales World later this year, and I am particularly excited to share the July issue with you soon!
Other Industry Contributions
Several sales, insurance and accounting organizations invited me to contribute via podcasts and guest blogs this year. Here is a sampling of those.
- Guest Blog, Accounting Today, Why Accountants Need to be Ambassadors
- Guest Blog, CloserIQ, Accelerate Your Sales Pipeline with Strategic Relationships
- Guest Blog, Main Street Practitioner, Cross Selling to Capture Full Client Value
- I also appeared as a guest on a dozen podcasts. View those here.
In the Community
I’m proud to have been elected President & Chair of the Board of Directors for Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland. Throughout my career, and especially as an entrepreneur, giving back and community service have always been at the core of what I do. No matter where we’re at in our leadership or life journey, all of us have the capacity to give back and pay it forward.
Things are just getting started! In the upcoming months look for more growth: new partnerships, more keynotes and conferences, updated service offerings, new podcasts and guest posts, and a new speaking “sizzle reel” video.
Have a great summer, everyone! And thanks for being an important part of The Modern Seller community.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF MODERN SELLERS.
Sign up here to receive Amy’s practical sales training and leadership development resources delivered directly to your inbox each week. You won’t want to miss out on these insights that will help you sell more and increase your impact!