Highlights and a Look Forward
Summer is here, and it’s hard to believe that the first half of 2018 will soon be in the books. Before heading into the second half of the year, I wanted to pause and take a few moments to share some of the highlights of our sales training and leadership development work, as well as other milestones, with my clients and friends.
- After 18 months of planning and writing, it’s exciting to share that my upcoming book, The Modern Seller, will be available Oct. 30. In a time where so much is digital (99% of my writing is… ) a print book has been a long-time personal and professional goal. It has taken a village to make it happen, and I’ll be sharing more on that with you over the upcoming weeks.
- I began the year by moving to a new space, and the beautiful Brick House Blue in Dublin, Ohio is our home. There’s something about the energy of being around other entrepreneurs and community leaders – it sparks creativity and creates new opportunities.
- In January I partnered with new client, BKD, on their Sales Training Institute. This work included learning strategy, training design, and delivery for their year-long business development program. Delivery methods ranged from sales training articles, to videos, and an eBook for their successful firmwide program.
- Over the last couple of years, I’ve worked closely with global insurance and professional services firm, Marsh and McLennan Agency. In February I keynoted their Sales Leadership Symposium in Fort Worth, delivering the topic Winning Business and Creating Lifetime Value in the New Sales Economy.
- First Merchants is a growth-oriented financial and banking institution, with $9.5B in assets. Their Ohio regional executives invited me to speak to their key customers on the new sales economy and its influence on buying behavior.
- To help sales trainers in the insurance space design and develop next-generation learning for producer teams, the Society of Insurance Trainers and Educators (SITE) invited me to present a webinar for their members, Designing Sales Training for the New Sales Economy.
- The Women’s Colleagues Program is a partnership between Marquette University and Johnson Controls. In March, I facilitated a virtual training event on leadership brand and identity, Leading with Impact and Influence.
- In May I traveled to Portland for the Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) 2018 Summit. This event is specifically for business developers and marketers in the accounting space, and I presented a popular session on Building Strategic Relationships for Sales Results.
- Two top podcasts invited me to join them as a guest, The Sales Evangelist and Conquering Columbus.
- I was featured in O, the Oprah Magazine, Entrepreneur and Fortune as part of their annual “Leading Women in Business in Columbus” feature. The feature appeared in the March 2018 issue of each publication for subscribers in the Central Ohio region.
- Respected publications featured articles I authored. In conjunction with the AAM Summit, I wrote an article titled How to Create and Communicate Value in Every Prospect or Client Interaction for CPA Trendlines. The Association for Talent Development (ATD) recently published my piece, Selling the C-Suite: Earn Buy-In for Sales Enablement. My insights also were included in an article in Training Industry, Planning and Executing a Successful Sales Kick-Off Meeting.
- On the custom training side of Impact Instruction Group, our instructional designers have teamed with top brands including Grange, NiSource, OhioHealth, and Wendy’s on a variety of blended training solutions. I appreciate the partnerships we’ve created with these organizations and look forward to continued success.
In addition to the release of The Modern Seller, in the upcoming months look for more growth: new partnerships, keynotes and conferences, refreshed Impact Instruction Group and Amy Franko websites, several industry-leading podcasts, and a digital sales training program.
Have a great summer, everyone!