Amy Franko on the Conquering Columbus Podcast
Conquering Columbus is a podcast covering the stories of those throughout the city of Columbus, Ohio who are doing extraordinary things in business, science, athletics, and more.
In this episode of the Conquering Columbus Podcast, I joined host Josh Whit to talk Board Development– both from the perspective of the board member and the organization.
Having just completed a four-year stint as chairwoman of the Board of Directors of Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland, Board work is a topic near and dear to my heart. In my role on the Council’s board, I oversaw a $16 million transformational initiative to build a new STEM and leadership center to transform workforce development. I also spearheaded a successful and innovative board development program. And recently, I was selected for the prestigious Deloitte “Board Ready Women” program. Thanks to Conquering Columbus for the opportunity to share insights I’ve learned.
Some highlights from the episode include:
- The importance of Board Development and being a part of a board.
- What to consider before becoming involved with board work.
- What makes a board member valuable.
- What organizations should consider when building a board.
- Considerations for transitioning board positions.
- The biggest challenges of getting value from your board.
- Amy’s advice for listeners.
- What Amy thinks of when she hears the phrase, “How have you lived uncomfortably?”
Please listen below, and be sure to subscribe to the Conquering Columbus podcast for more great content from Columbus Region leaders.