Over the last year or so, I’ve had the pleasure to work with BKD CPAs and Advisors on their Sales Training Institute. This work included learning strategy, training design, and delivery for their year-long business development program.
It was through this that I met Damien Martin. Damien is BKD’s National Tax Assistant Director, and he does double duty as host of BKD’s Simply Tax podcast. When he invited me to join him for an episode, I was happy to accept.
The topic we discussed was “A Leadership Pipeline.”
Leadership is complicated and plays a crucial role in the long-term success and value of a business. Listen in with Damien and me to learn about the role leadership plays in an organization, the importance of creating employee loyalty and ways to cultivate leaders of influence.
Learn to fuel your #leadership pipeline in this episode of the Simply Tax #podcast with @DamienMartinCPA + @AmyFranko. #leadershipdevelopmentClick to tweet
Here are some takeaways from our conversation:
- Definition of leadership @ 3:09
- The importance of a leadership pipeline @ 4:59
- Ways to cultivate frontline leaders @ 6:28
- Why someone who’s not fit to be a leader might end up in a leadership role @ 7:59
- Making the switch from individual contributor to leader @ 10:11
- Should business owners be concerned with creating employee loyalty? @ 12:27
- The role of a leadership ambassador @ 14:19
- Building leadership success through a learning culture @ 17:02
- Moving people out of leadership roles that don’t “fit” @ 19:11
- Get help from a coach @ 23:25
- Developing organizational flexibility that creates an environment of employee loyalty @ 25:53
- How to move the needle on leadership when you’re in growth mode @ 28:51
- Recommendations on leadership for executives and business owners @ 30:44
JOIN 10,000+ MODERN SELLERS & LEADERS. GET FRESH SALES AND LEADERSHIP RESOURCES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX.
Get Amy’s modern sales and leadership resources delivered to your inbox! These practical strategies can be applied right away to your sales and leadership path, and also used with your teams.