I’ve been a long-time member of the Association for Talent Development, a past ATD annual conference speaker, and a frequent contributor to the group’s publications. Recently I was pleased to join ATD in a new venue—an ATD Sales Enablement Channel podcast.
On the episode, Jenna Cronin, Community of Practice Manager for Sales Enablement at ATD, and I delved into the importance of shaping the sales career path and building a strong, productive sales culture.
Why is it so important to define career paths in #sales? @amyfranko and @atdsalesenable discuss and share tips for developing sales people in this @atd podcast. Listen now. #ModernSellerClick to tweet
You can listen to the recording and learn:
- Why is it so important to define a career paths in sales?
- Who should care the most about sales career development?
- What are some of the inflection points (or changes a company goes through) that should cause leadership to address career paths?
- What are the critical skills that would need to be built to address these inflection points?
- What are some of the characteristics that can make career pathing successful?
- What is one thing you can tackle right away that will have a positive effect on the development of your salespeople?
If you enjoyed that podcast episode, you can follow Jenna on Twitter to stay up to date with all her sales enablement resources.
Also published on Medium.
JOIN 7000+ MODERN SELLERS & LEADERS. GET FRESH SALES AND LEADERSHIP RESOURCES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX.
Get Amy’s modern sales and leadership resources delivered to your inbox! These practical strategies can be applied right away to your sales and leadership path, and also used with your teams.