As part of my community, you might remember that every year I create a word or phrase for that year. Something that’s my guide, that inspires me to stretch both personally and in my work. 2018 was the year of “Yes.” I said yes to expanding my thought leadership by writing a book, yes to sharing my sales and leadership messages on bigger stages, yes to growing my sales training and leadership development services, and yes to expanding my personal brand.
The first half was filled with some big progress, and in this post I’d like to share a few second half highlights with you.
As I created this list, I couldn’t help but be filled with gratitude. Every one of these highlights is rooted in relationships. I’m reminded of the African proverb we see quoted so often: “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” My name might be on the blog post, but there is no way I could’ve accomplished these goals without you, my team, or the partnerships in my life.
The Modern Seller, Amazon Category #1 New Release
- The Modern Seller officially launched on October 30. The book debuted as an Amazon category No. 1 new release and best seller. It has also received recognition as a recommended book from Selling Power and as a top sales book of 2018 by Top Sales World. The feedback from industry leaders including Jill Konrath was incredibly positive (see endorsements on the book’s page), and it has been fantastic to hear from my readers (you!) on how valuable it has been to them.
- Along with The Modern Seller, I created a bonus digital workbook with additional strategies and resources not included in the book. Want a copy? Just send us proof of your purchase of The Modern Seller book to [email protected], and we’ll email you a link for your free digital download.
- I was a guest on 20+ podcasts and video interviews with industry influencers. Watch for a full listing of all these resources on our website soon.
Sales Keynote & Training Engagements
- Sales keynotes and training engagements on strategic selling, leadership development, and social capital took me around the country from July-December. This included insurance and professional services clients in cities including New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, St. Louis, Cleveland, Springfield and right here in my home base of Columbus. Learn more about how we can work together.
- Training Industry published my blog post, Building a Sales Organization of Ambassadors.
- The Association of Accounting Marketing’s Growth Strategies Magazine published Strategic Relationships: The X-Factor for Business Development Success. AAM also invited me to facilitate a webinar, The New Sales Economy: Trends Impacting Customer Buying Behavior.
- In November The Persimmon Group (TPG) announced they will be representing me as a speaker via their agency, TPG Speakers. I’m looking forward to a long and successful partnership with TPG!
- I launched an exciting new partnership with a workforce development leader, Cleveland-based ERC. Together, we’re offering my strategic selling programs for their thousands of member organizations and clients.
- I’ll be joining The Sales Expert Channel roster in 2019. This is a hand-selected group of 50 sales influencers, and I’m looking forward to sharing more with you. Watch for announcements regarding my talks soon.
We’re heading into 2019 with some exciting opportunities in the works. I’ll be speaking at the Winning Is Everything conference in Las Vegas in January and delivering the sales keynote at the SMPS Maryland annual conference in March. I’m also slated to deliver the keynote at the Air Carriers Purchasing Conference in Washington, DC in August. And of course, I’ll be sharing sales strategies via The Sales Experts Channel.
More offerings are in the works for 2019. I’m laying the groundwork to launch a new Modern Seller workbook and introduce online sales training courses.
I look forward to helping your organization create more sales success in 2019. Contact me to learn how we can work together.